To end our week of events, we thought it would be good to close things off with Holly Springs! They are having their Fourth of July celebrations the day after the Fourth! On Sunday, July 5th head to Holly Springs for crafts, coloring, corn hole tournaments, music, face paint and so much more! So how does two days of celebrating sound? Fireworks start at 9:15 pm and will last 15 minutes. Below we also have a parking map to help you out.
The Holly Springs Cultural Events Center is home to many exciting events this summer! Not only do they have a Performing Arts Theatre that holds 184 seats, there is a conference center, Springs Outdoor Stage, and Grand Lobby with a large reception area that holds art exhibitions. And on top of all that, it houses the Holly Springs Community Library! A lot of summer events will be houses in this building, it would be a great trip into town to check the complex out for yourself and pick up a summer schedule of events.
Location: 300 West Ballentine Street
Phone: (919) 567-4000
This year will be the fourth annual Fit Cary event, offering several free options to the public to help get into a fit routine this Spring. The entire month of Cary is “Fit Cary” Month, so keep track of upcoming events in the area to attend with Family and Friends! In addition to the fitness events, Cary is doing a BINGO game in which participants complete a health/wellness activity to receive a stamp. More information and the card itself can be found at the site listed below.
For more, search “Fit Cary Month” at http://www.townofcary.org or call 919-460-4974.
Did you know that every eight years your property values get reassessed? This process will bring tax values up to date for those properties available on the open market. You can get more information about the assessment, as well as information from past evaluations by clicking on the link below!
WRAL released an article recently that Raleigh, NC has moved to #41 on the Top 300 Metro list! Austin and Raleigh are two of four United States cities to crack the Top 50! Here is the article listed below for more information! Also, if you are looking to relocate to the area please contact me for more information.
Located in the renovated historic building The Proenade, Common Grounds Coffee is a wonderful spot in Downtown Apex to get your morning dose of caffeine. You can also grab some ice cream, tea or a sandwich while you are there! Local coffee shops are wonderful hangouts to read the morning paper or catch up on local news. Friday and Saturday nights also feature music from artists in the area, a great way to spend the weekend supporting the local scene.
Location: 219 N Salem Street, Suite 101, Apex NC
Phone: (919) 387-0873
Happy Halloween to all! I hope you have had a wonderful month of October, and as we prepare for the kitties to go Trick or Treating tonight, I thought it would help to post some tips on staying safe.
1. Bring a Flashlight! That way you can see as you walk on some uneven ground, as well as being seen a little better by cars that drive by.
2. Make sure that your Child knows to walk beside you as you go from house to house. This way you can keep an eye on them, and be there in case they trip in the dark. You never know what obstacles you’ll face on the road.
3. Make sure you both are wearing comfy shoes! There might be a lot of walking on the path to the ultimate candy collection. It would be best to make sure your feet as comfortable.
4. Is the costume long? Trying on the costume before the night of is good not only to ensure it fits, but to see if any drags along the ground. This extra fabric should be cut in order to avoid less trips.
5. Check their candy after! Before your child starts to dig into their stash, make sure that all the candy is safe. That nothing is out of the wrapper or wrapped in something different.