The Fourth of July in Downtown Apex is going to be in an Olde Fashion theme. Below we have a full schedule of events for the day. Also be sure to have your kids decorate their bikes, wagons and tricycles so they can partake in the Uncle Sam’s Parade of Wheels!
Schedule for the Day:
- 9am: Flag Raising
- 9:15am: Activities (inflatables, street performers, karaoke, carnival games, climbing wall, cake walk, sno cones, food, ice cream and more!)
- 11:45am: Parade of Wheels line-up
- 11:50am: Activities end
- 12pm: Uncle Sam’s Parade of Wheels
- 12:30pm: Fire Department Splash Down
Location: Salem & Chatham Streets
Fuquay-Varina has different plans for the Fourth of July celebrations by having their celebrations on the 3rd! Come out to Fuquay to experience food trucks, musical acts, and an epic fireworks display! Gates open at 6:00 pm, then maybe the next day you can head over to Cary or Raleigh for even more Independence Day Celebrations. Keep an eye out the rest of the week for more coming your way this weekend. Where will you be found on the Fourth?
This upcoming weekend is the Fourth of July! There are so many events happening in the Triangle that I figured you would like to have a little guide to help you out. Today we are focusing on the Cary, NC events going on this weekend. Keep an eye out the rest of this week for all the other town events.
Bond Park is having Fourth of July events including a fishing tournament, parade decorations, and family contests! Bring everyone along to participate in Watermelon Eating, Sidewalk decorating and so much more. Afterwards head on over to Koka Booth for kids activities, music and fireworks! There are so many options to choose from. Check out the link we have below for more specific details to plan for your weekend.
Click Here for More Information
Happy Halloween to all! I hope you have had a wonderful month of October, and as we prepare for the kitties to go Trick or Treating tonight, I thought it would help to post some tips on staying safe.
1. Bring a Flashlight! That way you can see as you walk on some uneven ground, as well as being seen a little better by cars that drive by.
2. Make sure that your Child knows to walk beside you as you go from house to house. This way you can keep an eye on them, and be there in case they trip in the dark. You never know what obstacles you’ll face on the road.
3. Make sure you both are wearing comfy shoes! There might be a lot of walking on the path to the ultimate candy collection. It would be best to make sure your feet as comfortable.
4. Is the costume long? Trying on the costume before the night of is good not only to ensure it fits, but to see if any drags along the ground. This extra fabric should be cut in order to avoid less trips.
5. Check their candy after! Before your child starts to dig into their stash, make sure that all the candy is safe. That nothing is out of the wrapper or wrapped in something different.
A classic form of transportation that has become very popular again is the train believe it or not. A lot of students use the train system to get to and from college without having to use Gas money, and many people take day trips to areas like Charlotte and Greensboro for under $100. Have you used the Amtrak before? The station is located in Downtown Cary and has been updated in the past few years. The new station is beautiful, and located near some shopping and dining in the downtown area. Whether you are planning a trip to be away for a week or just a day trip with friends, look into an old time favorite way to travel!
Location: 211 North Academy Street
Question: Have you used the Amtrak Train our of Cary before? If so, what was your experience like?