Located in the renovated historic building The Proenade, Common Grounds Coffee is a wonderful spot in Downtown Apex to get your morning dose of caffeine. You can also grab some ice cream, tea or a sandwich while you are there! Local coffee shops are wonderful hangouts to read the morning paper or catch up on local news. Friday and Saturday nights also feature music from artists in the area, a great way to spend the weekend supporting the local scene.
Location: 219 N Salem Street, Suite 101, Apex NC
Phone: (919) 387-0873
Sweet Leaf Cafe is more than just a coffee shop, it is also a Mediterranean twist with some healthy food options. You can get a delicious wrap, salad, or some fresh pastries to go with a hot cup of Joe. This would be perfect for a lunch date during your lunch break at work, or someplace to head in between shopping trips in Fuquay Varina. There are so many great local Coffee Shops in the Triangle Area that I cannot possibly tell you all of them! Comment with your favorite and maybe we’ll feature it next!
Location: 1313 N Main St, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Phone: (919) 762-7169
Downtown Cary has been growing in recent years, including a new coffee shop. Today though we are going to highlight a beautiful family owned establishment called Java Jive. All the beans that are used are actually roasted and selected by the owner’s brother! You can get a whole lot more than just coffee at this place, there are some delicious milkshakes, smoothies, sodas and juices. You can get all the classic coffee and expresso drinks, or try something new from who ever is behind the counter! Please stop by and try something new, as well as help out a local business.
Location: 2425 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary, NC 27518
Phone: (919) 816-8888
No special promo post today, because today is all about those serving our countries and those who have already served. Thank you so much for everything you have done for our Freedom.
One weakness of many in the mornings is a good cup of coffee! I have highlighted Bed and Breakfast locations, Parks, etc. in the past, but I think this might be the most important week!
Thanks A Latte is such a cute name, that it stood out right away to me. It is a Coffee and Gift Boutique, featuring Larry’s Beans drip coffee and gifts from Capri Blue and Mudpie. If you are looking for a new place to stop before your work day, or just a place to meet a friend during your lunch break, try Thanks A Latte!
Location: 1118 Kentworth Dr, Holly Springs, NC 27540
Phone: (919) 285-3729
Happy Halloween to all! I hope you have had a wonderful month of October, and as we prepare for the kitties to go Trick or Treating tonight, I thought it would help to post some tips on staying safe.
1. Bring a Flashlight! That way you can see as you walk on some uneven ground, as well as being seen a little better by cars that drive by.
2. Make sure that your Child knows to walk beside you as you go from house to house. This way you can keep an eye on them, and be there in case they trip in the dark. You never know what obstacles you’ll face on the road.
3. Make sure you both are wearing comfy shoes! There might be a lot of walking on the path to the ultimate candy collection. It would be best to make sure your feet as comfortable.
4. Is the costume long? Trying on the costume before the night of is good not only to ensure it fits, but to see if any drags along the ground. This extra fabric should be cut in order to avoid less trips.
5. Check their candy after! Before your child starts to dig into their stash, make sure that all the candy is safe. That nothing is out of the wrapper or wrapped in something different.
It can be a little scary for younger children to go trick or treating. You have to make sure that they do not go out too late, that they are safe with the houses they go to, and what candy may be handed out. An easy way to go trick or treating this year would be to go to your local Mall! Cary Town Center does trick or treating for youngsters, and they also have costume contests and face painting! What better way to have your child experience Halloween then in a safe, well lit area? You would get just as much candy, but by much safer means for those who many be trick or treating for the first time.
Location: 1105 Walnut St, Cary, NC 27511
Phone: (919) 467-0145